Thursday, May 11, 2017

Reader Habits Tag

Hey, what's up, guys? Only one more day till the weekend. How great is that? Anyway, since I've done 2 Book Traveling Thursdays in a row, I thought I'd do a book tag to mix it up. Hence the Reader Habits Tag. 

Rules:
It's pretty straightforward, all you have to do is talk about 10 of your reader habits. Then you have to select 3 of your habits so the people you tag can discuss if they agree with them. You have to do the same with the 3 habits of the person you were tagged by.

Since I wasn't tagged by anyone (sad face), I'll discuss the 3 habits picked by BlogALaLuzDeLasVelas, which is where I saw the tag.

Many, in fact.

Let's get to the habits!

1) I can't read on cars or buses. I get really sick with that sort of movement. Especially if the drivers tend to slow down abruptly. I can only read on the subway or train.

2) I hate it when people highlight or mark books permanently. If there's a quote I like, I underline it with a pencil or use post-its. Please don't harm books in front of me or I will have to act violently.

3) Although I love having physical copies, I find it easier to read e-books. I usually read them much faster too. 

4) I collect bookmarks even if I always use the same ones. Don't judge me.

5) I only use proper bookmarks in books. No tissues, random papers, or candy wrappers. If I don't have one near me, then I just remember the page.

6) I like to finish the chapter before putting the book down. I can't seem to leave it on random pages. I swear I'm not obsessive.

7) I always have a hard time reading the last book in a series. My brain is subconsciously begging for a series to not be over. This is why there are plenty of trilogies/series I haven't finished yet.

8) I tend to only buy books I have already read. This way I make sure I love it and it won't be taking up space. I have a few exceptions lying around my bookshelf, though.

9) I like to read at night so I can daydream about the story and characters before going to sleep. I may also imagine I'm the main character, especially if there are interesting male characters involved. You didn't hear this from me, okay?

10) I don't like to take my books with me anywhere for fear I might lose or damage them.

Those are my habits.


Now the 3 habits from the other blog:

-She doesn't deem important to have a big collection of books.
I don't have gigantic bookshelves, I have a pretty small one. And my collection of books is really tiny. As much as I would like to say I don't find this important, I do. I would love to have a room full of books. That's the main reason I want to be successful or marry a rich guy. Whichever happens first. Jk. 
-She asks people to add a dedication to the books she receives as gifts.
I find it lovely when people do this. It adds a special sentimental value to the book. However, I would never ask someone to write something. I think it's much better if the gesture comes from them.
-She likes to picture the type of situations and characters that will appear in the book she's reading.
I'm not a person who really slows down to analyze every single thing that's going on. And I definitely don't stop to think what will come next. I do, however, notice certain things while I'm reading and think about how they will or could come into play later.

Well, that was fun! I even had to narrow down my habits. We're a bunch of weirdos.

See you next time!

How many habits do you have? Do you agree with any of mine? Let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment