Thursday, April 27, 2017

Book Traveling Thursdays

Hey guys! I'm here today with a new segment. It's not going to happen every single Thursday cause that would be boring. But it's a great way to spice things up a bit.

This is what it consists of: Pick a book that fits the theme, explain why I chose it and then include pictures of the original cover, the cover from my country, my favorite cover, and my least favorite cover.

 I thought this would be fun since, as I'm from Argentina, covers will probably be different (UK covers ar still the prettiest.)

This week's topic is: Favorite contemporary read.

For this one I chose:

The Summer I Turned Pretty by Jenny Han

Some summers are just destined to be pretty.


When each summer begins, Belly leaves her school life behind and escapes to Cousins Beach, the place she has spent every summer of her life. Not only does the beach house mean home away from home, but her favorite people are there: Susannah, her mother's best friend, and her sons, Conrad and Jeremiah. Belly has been chasing Conrad for as long as she can remember, and more than anything, she hopes this summer will be different. Despite distractions from a new guy named Cam and lingering looks from Conrad's brother, Jeremiah, Belly's heart belongs to Conrad. Will he offer his to her? Will this be the summer that changes everything?

This is book 1 of the Summer trilogy, which I read when I was 15 or so. I remember them being fluffy yet serious enough. It's about growing up and all the dramas that we, as teens, thought were the end of the world. They are the perfect summer contemporary read. 💘

The one up there is the original US cover.

This book is not available in my country, but if it were, it would probably be imported from Spain:


There are quite a lot of covers for this book but my faves are either the original or the Polish one, which is quite similar:


My least favorite is definitely the Dutch one:



It's quite fun to do! Thank you to Danielle and Cátia, the creators of the meme, for their work and ideas!

Have you read the trilogy? Which book and cover is your favorite? Let me know

No comments:

Post a Comment